Friday, November 11, 2011

Owl

For a sewing project, I had the idea of making one of these


but I apparently am in a crochet-ing phase and have not been able to bring myself to part from my needles. However, since Halloween is coming up soon, my sister wants me to help her make her costume, which involves my sewing machine, so perhaps a couple of sewing projects will come up from that. We'll see.

For now, taking this sewing project idea that I had, I ended up making one of these instead



My boyfriend loves owls so I made this for him. Was fairly simple,
-crochet in the round until you have about a  square, maybe the height being a little bigger than the diameter.
-flatten top and sew evenly straight across (the amount of sts being half the number of sts in the round)
-pinch off the ears
-sewed between the ears back and forth dec 1 st from each side as I go.
-beak is done in the same way as the "forehead"
-eyes : crochet 6 into a magic ring. but at the 6th stich i did this instead: insert hook into st, yarn over, pull through. now there should be 2 loops on the hook. take 2nd color yarn, pull through both loops. continue to crochet in the round with 2sc in each st.

Then voila, you now have an owl =)

No comments:

Post a Comment