Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bomberman

I wasn't able to sleep tonight, so this is the product of my inability to sleep.

Story Time!
A friend of mine, Veena,  recently got a new job at Game Over. In gist, it's a video game store that mostly sells retro games. It is a new love of mine. Anyway, while on this trip visit to Veena, she suggested I made a Bomberman Hat. Now, I don't think this is the type of hat she had in mine, but this is what I have so far.



This was made with a N hook, worked in round and blah blah. Made a little ball out of red yarn, then back to white yarn, I made a "stem" to connect the red bulb to the hat.

In retrospect I think the N hook came out to be way too large, so either I'll find someone with a large head to wear this, or I'll eventually take it apart and redo it with possibly a J hook. At least I will if I continue to make a hat double crocheting (dc) the whole thing. I've made a hat/mask similar to this one using a N hook but instead of dc i just single crocheted (sc) the entire thing and it fit a bit better. Hats are probably a little more tricky for me to do only because I feel like I have a smaller head than average and I only have me to test it on most of the time. Trial and error is the way to go for me. So if any one has suggestions as to how I can fix this, it'd be great. I'm open to any suggestions to fix, or even suggestions for additions to the hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment