Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nerdigurumi

I was just looking around for more crochet things to learn about and I came across this video by nerdigurumi. I've also seen her website before and she had a couple crocheted/amigurumi of video game/nerdy stuff.

This is a video of her explaining the difference between right and wrong side.




So she used a single pattern and this is what came out 

As you can see, they are two different sizes and everything. The ball on the right is done with right-side out and the left is wrong-side out. Both hooking two loops not one. Everything is the same, hook, pattern, tension, etc, but you can see a big difference. They are done with hooking two loops instead of one. Already, you can see that you can get more mileage out of your yarn if done with wrong-side out. I could be wrong, I haven't yet tried it, so if someone knows this for a fact what method has more mileage please let me know. I want to be able to get more mileage out of my yarn as much as I can.


With everything also the same (hook, pattern, etc.) and even wrong-side out, the one on the left is done hooking two loops and the one on the right is done by hooking the single loop. In the video she says the increases and decreases end up looking very messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment