Friday, September 30, 2011

Crocodile Stitching



Holy Moo Cow! I did not realize that something like this existed. I honestly have been slowing down on my crocheting project. I have an hat, a dog, and a Pac Man ghost that are only partially done and are sitting on my coffee table. I just hadn't had any interest in crocheting for me to finish those projects.

Then I learned about crocodile stitching!! I found this blog here while rummaging through the interwebz
http://yarn-muse.blogspot.com/2011/01/crocodile-stitch.html

I don't know why I didn't think of looking up new kinds of stitches. I guess during the process of just learning to crochet, I'd only found projects that require the knowledge of magic rings, single and double crochets, and hook sizes. When making hats, hook sizes changes the hats slightly. The pac man ghosts was a bunch of circular crocheting. And well basically, everything involved circles. So I guess finding projects that only required that, I just forgot that there's probably other creative things to do other than circles. So taaaa-ddaaahhh introducing crocodile stitching.

This is the first I've ever heard of it, so it'll take me a couple of days to finish up the projects I already have going, then start making other things with crocodile stitching. Yay! My enthusiasm for crocheting has once again returned. I'm so excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment